Wednesday 5 August 2015

Promoting a new business





I have recently started a business with my daughter.Well it will be her business and I am trying to help her get it off the ground for very little layout.  We have the concept and have had through the business cards.Now to promote it for as little money as possible.

We have been to Ramsgate (about five miles from where we live), and talked to various businesses about it. Two businesses were interested, but we have found out we will need public liability insurance for them to be able to work with us.



Today we managed to see some more businesses and got another possible customer, who again mentioned the public liability insurance. We also managed to leave our card with other businesses so hopefully that will produce some more customers.

So we have gone on the comparison sites to find out the prices for the insurance and the cheapest is £77 which isn't too bad. Next week I will get the insurance for her and she can be on three businesses books. We intend running the business along side our normal jobs as a way to save for the future, 

Personally, I am following the Dave Ramsey Plan, so spending money on anything doesn't sit well with me at the moment - hopefully we can work hard and put back the cost of the insurance quickly.



I am also starting to write a book, which is a murder mystery and I'm actually enjoying it.I am trying to be strict with myself and write at least five pages a day, which if my calculations are right means the book will take me just over a year. Then I will have to spend a few weeks editing it, then seeing what my peers think of it and seeing if it is worth trying to publish it. Also, I will have to look into whether it is better to try publishing it as an ebook or as a traditional book.

What are your thoughts on this, thank you Helen R.


No comments:

Post a Comment